Medical Equipment Technologies Level 3
This course provides an introduction to Medical Engineering and providing the essential underpinning knowledge and experience to work within a Medical Engineering environment.
Who Should Attend:
The course provides an excellent grounding for anyone new to a medical engineering role and is responsible for simple maintenance tasks within a Medical Engineering department or anyone interested in working within a simple maintenance tasks within a Medical Engineering department or anyone interested in working within a medical engineering environment.
The minimum age for entry onto the course is 19 years old.
To provide learners with the underpinning knowledge and competence to work safely and effectively within a Medical Engineering department. The course aims to equip the learner with the knowledge and skills required for simple maintenance and servicing tasks.
On conclusion of the course the learners will be able to:
- Explain the difference between volts, amps and watts.
- Explain the effects of electricity on the body.
- Demonstrate how to use an Electrical Safety Tester
- Demonstrate good care and storage of equipment relating to medical devices
- Explain the care of and use of tools within a medical engineering department.
- List the basic measurement units used in the clinical setting
- Demonstrate how to service basic medical devices such as Aneroid and mercury sphygmomanometers, Clinical Thermometry and Treatment couches
- Explain good infection control practice when accessing a clinical area.
Learners should consider enrolling on our 10-day Level 3 Medical Equipment Technologies programme for a further insight to the role of Medical Engineering.