Trollies, Beds and Operating Tables Level 3
This course covers the servicing and maintenance of patient trollies, patient beds and operating tables commonly in use in a healthcare setting.
Who Should Attend:
The course provides an excellent grounding for medical engineering staff involved with the servicing and maintenance of medical equipment.
It would be advantageous for learners to have a sound knowledge of Electronic Engineering or qualifications in a related engineering role. The minimum age for entry onto the course is 19 years old.
To provide learners with the basic knowledge and practical experience needed in order to be able to carry out inspection, servicing and repairs across a variety of Patient trollies, patient beds and Operating tables in accordance with MHRA guidance, IEC Standards, relevant manufacturers’ information.
On conclusion of the course the learners will be able to:
- Explain the Health, safety and Infection Control aspects when dealing with patient trollies, beds and operating tables
- Explain the purpose of a patient trolley, patient bed and operating table
- Explain the common faults with patient transfer trollies and beds
- Demonstrate how to service and repair patient transfer and patient’s beds
- Explain the common faults of an operating table
- Demonstrate how to service and repair Operating tables
On successful completion of the course learners will gain an Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 award.
Learners should consider enrolling on one of our 3-day equipment specific programmes to provide further focus on particular medical equipment.
Learners should also consider enrolling on the Level 5 Diploma in Medical Equipment Technologies.