Back to training schedule
Physiological Monitoring and Infusion Equipment
Course Ref: PMI
Duration: 3 Days
This course covers introductions to, Principles of and Practical Equipment aspects of the following: Patient monitoring, Premature Baby Incubators, Foetal monitoring, Apnoea monitoring and Infusion Devices.
Who Should Attend:
The course provides an excellent grounding for medical engineering staff involved with the servicing and maintenance of physiological monitoring and infusion equipment.
The pre-requisites of the courses are that learners have a sound knowledge of Electronic Engineering either an HNC or equivalent qualification, or equivalent work experience, as the Level 3 courses are both practical and theory based. Minimum age for entry onto the course is 19 years old.
To provide learners with the basic knowledge and practical experience needed in order to be able to carry out inspection, servicing and repairs across a variety of physiological monitoring and infusion delivery biomedical equipment in accordance with MHRA guidance, IEC Standards, relevant manufacturers’ information and the National Occupational Standards.
On conclusion of the course the learners will be able to:
- Describe and explain the principles of patient monitoring and patient diagnostics.
- Describe and explain the principle techniques used for monitoring premature and sick babies.
- Describe and explain the principle techniques used for foetal monitoring.
- Describe and explain the principle techniques used to infuse liquids into patients.
- Describe the engineering and functional operation of physiological monitoring equipment and infusion devices including premature baby incubators, foetal monitoring equipment and infusion pumps.
- Carry out inspection, testing, fault finding and servicing of physiological monitoring and infusion equipment in accordance with the relevant legislation, standards and manufacturers’ information.
On successful completion of the course learners will gain an Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 award in Servicing Physiological Monitoring and Infusion Equipment.
Click to view the course booking information
Learners should consider enrolling on one of our 3-day equipment specific programmes to provide further focus on particular medical equipment.
Learners should also consider enrolling on the Level 5 Diploma in Medical Equipment Technologies.