Human Factors in Healthcare and other Safety Critical Organisations
We can never completely eliminate human error, it is normal in all organisations however, we can help individuals and organisations learn to reduce risk by providing a greater understanding of how errors occur.
Human Factors training focuses on optimising human performance; by studying factors that can influence us as human beings and then considering how this affects our performance in our day-to-day lives as well as in the workplace.
By understanding ourselves more, we can reduce human error, increase productivity, enhance health and safety and make us more effective in the workplace setting.
We use this learning to identify different human error types and their causes allowing us to:
- Reduce error inducing situations
- Improve defences against human error
- Promote effective risk-based decisions
Training is ‘human orientated’ and delivered in person. Mixed groups help to emphasise the “bigger picture” across any organisation; by considering co-workers different perspectives, learners can find ways to improve Teamwork.
“Human Factors is all about improving human performance and reducing errors.”
The core topics of Human Factors remain true across all organisations. While Avensys specialise in Healthcare and Engineering, we can shape our delivery to any Safety Critical Organisation using relevant industry based case studies and current hot topics. Tailoring your course helps provoke discussions, giving participants a better understanding of Human Factors in their daily roles to maximise safety and efficiency for your organisation.
Who is this course for?
Every person within an organisation can benefit from Human factors training, from the CEO down, as every person has an impact on safety and creating a positive workplace culture.
Our Human factors in Healthcare course is suitable for everyone including:
- Surgeons, Doctors, Nurses and Midwives
- Dentists and Dental Nurses
- Paramedics and Ambulance Crews
- Opticians and Audiologists
- Pharmacists and Pharmacy Staff
- Management, Finance and Administration Staff
- Facilities, Estates, Maintenance, Porters and Cleaners
- A&E, Maternity, Paediatrics, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, pathology and Diagnostic Imaging Departments
Other Safety Critical Organisations that we can accommodate include:
- Emergency Services
- Transportation and Warehousing
- And everyone in between ….Human Factors benefits everyone!