Anaesthetic and Ventilation Equipment Level 3
This course covers introductions to, Principles of and Practical Equipment aspects of the following: Anaesthetic machines, Vaporisers, Medical Gas supplies and controls and Ventilators.
Learners are expected to have a basic working knowledge of electrical and mechanical engineering principles. Minimum age for entry onto the course is 19 years old.
To provide delegates with the basic knowledge and practical experience needed in order to be able to carry out inspection, servicing and repairs across a variety of Anaesthetic and Ventilation type Biomedical equipment in accordance with MHRA guidance, IEC Standards, relevant manufacturers’ information and the National Occupational Standard SEMEM 3-65 Servicing Anaesthetic and Ventilation Equipment.
On conclusion of the course the delegates will be able to:
- Describe and explain the principles of Anaesthesia.
- List the commonly used medical gases and explain the safe working practices associated with anaesthetics and medical gases.
- Describe and explain the principles of respiration, breathing systems, and ventilation.
- Describe the engineering and functional operation of anaesthetic equipment and ventilation devices and their associated ancillaries.
- Carry out inspection, testing, fault finding and servicing of anaesthetic equipment and ventilation devices in accordance with the relevant legislation, standards and manufacturers’ information.
On successful completion of this course, candidates will gain a National Level 3 Certificate from the awarding body Open College Network West Midlands. All of our medical equipment training courses now count towards Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for NHS staff.
This course is developed and continuously reviewed in accordance with the National Occupational Standards and in particular with meeting the requirements for:
- SEMEM 3-65 Servicing Anaesthetic and Ventilation Equipment.
- SEMEM 3-60 Carrying out Fault Diagnosis on Medical Equipment.
- SEMEM 3-61 Testing Medical Equipment.
- SEMEM 3-62 Carrying out Scheduled Servicing on Medical Equipment.